This week’s family travel goal interview is with DeAnna from Have Teens Still Travel. Her Indianapolis-based family, including teen twins, has a great travel bucket list! This fun interview has input from the whole family.
You can find more family travel goal stories here.
A bit about DeAnna:
We travel together as a family of four (Keith and DeAnna, Gabby 14 and Gracie 14), and produce travel stories for families traveling with children and teens.
Our specialty is engaging families with teens and tweens, encouraging them to put down the electronics and spend quality family time together, by sight-doing (instead of sight-seeing), completing fun but challenging outdoor adventures, and engaging in shared experiences in order to make impressionable memories
Does your family have any travel goals? If so, what are they?
We do!!! They might seem a little random, but we like to mix up our vacations….so here they are, in no particular order:
- Visit all 6 Disney locations (3 down – Orlando, California and Paris)
- See as many National parks, monuments, etc. and get our national passport stamped while earning Jr. Ranger badges. This is something we just happened to stumble upon in St. Augustine at the Castillo, as long as the twins still have fun, we will keep earning them. We earned four badges this last trip.
- Catch a baseball game in every Major League Baseball stadium
- We have a growing bucket list of mostly foreign and exotic locales. Trying to decide if the Galapagos Islands or Machu Picchu should be next summer.
- Throw some adventure into every trip!
Why did your family choose these travel goals?
We think it’s important to keep exploring, learning and growing, experiencing as much life as we can. I want to make as many memories as possible!!! I want my girls to look back on our travels and want to do them again with their own families.
What has been your family’s favorite trip so far? Why?
Ha, we argued over this a bit!! Everyone had their own favorite!!
– Gracie 14 – Our Scotland/London/Scandinavian Cruise. It was lots of fun seeing all the Harry Potter stuff in Edinburgh and then meeting up with friends to explore London.
– Gabby 14 – Our Caribbean cruise. It was warm, with different adventures in each port.
– Keith (dad) – Hawaii. It was a good mixture of adventure and relaxation (and great mai-tais).
– DeAnna (mom) – Celebration of Harry Potter. Even though it was a short trip, all of us were in awe, and it was a nice break from all the cold weather!
Is your family obsessed with travel like ours is? Or is someone you love a travel nut? Surround your travel lovers with travel-themed decor!
Find this and many more ideas in our online store.
What motivated you to focus on traveling with teens?
We have teens!!! We find incorporating them into the planning stages and always making sure there is at least one thing on the trip that each likes makes the whole vacation better for everyone!
Tell us more about your blog, Have Teens Still Travel. Where can people find your blog on social media?
We write about all the fun we have and include tips and highlights. We want to include our sample itineraries but we’re still working on the format.
Find us at:
If you want to learn more about how your family can create and reach their travel goals, you can subscribe here for my free e-book, Creating and Achieving Your Family’s Travel Bucket List: